May 8, 2010

awkward monologue

photo by me - the blue staircase in sibiu

you should have told me about today,
that i would meet you.
i should have been prepared...
now i have to mumble among words
only to tell you my name,
simple as it is,
rather than how you can make me feel
if anything should happen
between us.
i'm not so good at monologues,
and even worse at dialogging,
but that
your really had to expect.
words, sometimes,
are like drops of oil in boiling water,
they don't seem to fit me.
it would be best to just look me in the eyes
maybe something there can be found.
or you just might listen to my voice,
forget the words and their logic,
care only for the tone and fondness of my voice.
might work.
you might get a glimpse of me,
broken apart of what i'm saying.
care nothing for my words,
they only deceive, bounded inside letters,
stuck in the surprise of meeting you.

really should have told me about today,
about facing you.
i should have been prepared...
i've waited for this
only
all of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment