April 26, 2010

the road

henri cartier-bresson - en brie

the road seems long from here.
a large view,
no concern and no regard of what ever can be found at the end,
if there is any...

i start to stride it, one big step after another, 
confident of my anatomy and my biological device of walking,
foot in front foot, over and over again,
clock-finished mechanism of footsteps carrying myself forward.

i wait for nothing,
there's only ahead 
and what i've left behind counts no more.
i stare from time to time on both sides
trying to catch a glimpse of scenery just to clear and refresh my retina. 

i wait for nothing
and
nothing waits for me,
not even the road. 
it just is.
i'm just walking it.

there are so many wonders where i'm going...
plenty of marvels to be seen,
miracles to live.
they will all just be happening
and
i will just be there
enjoying.

thank you for the road.
thanks for tramping it.
hope i'll do well
step by step
on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment